Kenya and Uganda
Interim advisor to support local entrepreneurs
min. 3 months
Our partner has worked since 2011 with over 1,500 entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Despite the challenging commercial environment, these people are still doing incredible things, running businesses and creating employment. They are entrepreneurs, who run a low-cost vocational education college or a commercial organic farm and the aim is to unlock their potential, so they don’t just employ 5 people, but 500. Our partner is now looking for people like you – exceptional entrepreneurs, consultants, business experts – to spend 3 months working in Uganda or Kenya to develop and implement growth strategies to take these businesses to the next level.
Your duties and responsibilities:
You will first work with the entrepreneurs to analyse the business and uncover growth opportunities. You will then work practically to test out various opportunities before taking the best to scale. This might involve anything from:
- Pitching to customers and improving business processes
- Building financial models and forecasts
- Creating and implementing marketing campaigns
- Securing new partnerships
- Identifying and hiring staff and mitigating key risks
In parallel, you will work alongside and upskill local staff so they improve their business growth powers to make this project truly sustainable.
- You have experience either running or working in a successful business
- You are very analytical, able to spot opportunities and choose the right strategy
- You are excellent at building personal relationships and trust
- You are active and outgoing
- You are an excellent sales person
- You have a strong work ethic and be super ambitious
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions
- You have very good knowledge of English and work confidently with the MS office package
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will also pay for local transport, boarding and food.