Interim advisor for a community project
min. 3 months
Our partner is a non-profit organization based in Uganda providing care and support to people living with HIV and AIDS, their families and communities. Their goal is to improve the quality of life of people living with HIV and strengthen their engagement in the response to the epidemic. The organization operates various programmes that include orphans and family support, counseling and training, home based care where HIV patients are home visited and supported both medically and material wise and community development. They are now looking for an interim advisor to support the management team.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- You support the local team in developing a strategic plan to sustain the organizations activities.
- You design a marketing strategy incl. update of website and social media pages.
- You support and train in report writing and develop manuals.
- You constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- You have at least 3-4 years work experience within a professional organizational setting.
- You have skills in marketing and strategic planning.
- You are able to communicate well and persuade others.
- You are interested in applying and developing your knowledge in the context of everyday life in Uganda.
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions.
- You have very good knowledge of English and work confidently with the MS office package
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will cover the costs for your preparation and also pay for your travel expenses, accommodation, food, insurance and visa.