Interim advisor for community project
min. 3 months
Our partner is a non-profit organization based in Cusco, Peru. It seeks to promote development and social cohesion for interaction in the processes of changes that address the needs, aspirations and concerns of civil society with emphasis on vulnerable communities. They are now looking for an interim advisor to support them in improving trading and commercial techniques in the cultivation and organic production of avocado and other fruits through fair trade at national and international level. With the outcome they support projects such as a children’s shelter and a rural school.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- You support the local team in developing a feasibility study for the cultivation and organic production of avocado and other fruits.
- You develop a market proposal for the export of avocados.
- You design a national and international marketing strategy.
- You constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- You have at least 3-4 years work experience within a professional organizational setting.
- You have skills in marketing and strategic planning.
- You are able to communicate well and persuade others.
- You are interested in applying and developing your knowledge in the context of everyday life in Peru.
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions.
- You have very good knowledge of Spanish and work confidently with the MS office package.
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will cover the costs for your preparation and also pay for your travel expenses, accommodation, food, insurance and visa.