Interim advisor for a community project
min. 3 months
Our partner is a non-profit organization based in Buea, Cameroon and is building a global grassroots to raise environmental awareness, promoting education and supporting community development programs by sharing practical ways in which people are addressing environmental conservation issues. It aims at improving the capacity of more than 100 young entrepreneurs with emphases on strategic marketing skills, sales management and other related skills in building long lasting partnership, networking and negotiations. They are now looking for an interim advisor to support the management team.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Training in advertisement and marketing strategies.
- Design marketing strategies for targeted group/ businesses (Ecotourism, Library, incubation and publications).
- Assist in providing technical expertise in the structure of businesses.
- Meeting with leadership and entrepreneurship oriented organizations.
- Enhancing sales measures, monitoring results and initiating change.
- You have at least 3-4 years work experience within a professional organizational setting.
- You have skills in marketing and strategic planning.
- You are able to communicate well and persuade others.
- You are interested in applying and developing your knowledge in the context of everyday life in Cameroon.
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions.
- You have very good knowledge of English and work confidently with the MS office package.
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will cover the costs for your preparation and also pay for your travel expenses, accommodation, food, insurance and visa.