Interim advisor for a school project
min. 6 weeks
Our partner is a Nursery and Primary School based in the outskirts of Ugandas capital Kampala. The school is supported by a group of people in Germany since 2003.
The school is running well in terms of educating the children. The running costs can mostly be covered by the school fees. Nevertheless the schools needs a strategic plan on how to develop and sustain the activities. They are now looking for an interim advisor to support the management team.
Your duties and responsibilties:
- You evaluate the actual school activities and the current situation.
- You support the local headteacher and his team in developing a strategic plan to sustain the schools activities and administration.
- You support and train in report writing and develop manuals.
- You constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- You have at least 3-4 years work experience within a professional organizational setting or a teaching background.
- You have skills in marketing and strategic planning. • You are able to communicate well and persuade others.
- You are interested in applying and developing your knowledge in the context of everyday life in Uganda.
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions.
- You have very good knowledge of English and work confidently with the MS office package.
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will cover the costs for your preparation and also pay for your travel expenses, accommodation, food, insurance and visa.