Interim advisor for a youth project
min. 3 months
Our partner is a non-profit organization based in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. Its vision and mission is directed towards advocating general awareness of social, political and economic issues to the Tanzanian public, youth in particular. The organization provides entrepreneurship training and affordable Business Advisory Services to youth enterprises as well as civic, legal and human rights education to the community. They are now looking for an interim advisor to support the management team in the development of the further strategy.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- You support the management team in the establishment and the strengthening of resource mobilization.
- You design and develop further entrepreneurship trainings.
- You support the local team in marketing the organization and their activities.
- You constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- You have at least 3-4 years work experience within a professional organizational setting.
- You have skills in marketing and strategic planning.
- You are able to communicate well and persuade others.
- You are interested in applying and developing your knowledge in the context of everyday life in Tanzania.
- You are in robust health and capable of working under difficult conditions.
- You have very good knowledge of Spanish and work confidently with the MS office package.
What we offer:
We offer you the chance to spend a meaningful sabbatical in an intercultural and technically challenging environment providing assistance to the above mentioned project. You will receive intensive individual preparation and we assist before, during and after you voluntary service to create the necessary framework for your secure and sustainable sabbatical. This is a voluntary position. In order not to affect the project budget, you will cover the costs for your preparation and also pay for your travel expenses, accommodation, food, insurance and visa.